the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

The Re(de)signed Gamer

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 7:40 AM on Wednesday, February 20, 2008

video game news from the resigned gamer
Dedicated readers, I hope you are seeing what I am seeing. Or at least I hope you're not seeing what Doomeru is seeing, because he hasn't been quite right since he drank that bottle of Formula 409 last winter. But presuming your vision isn't clouded by trails and blood spots, you'll note a subtle hint of awesomeness about the site today.

Two months ago, facing a downward spiral in subscriptions and single copy sales, the loss of our lucrative Dillards account, and the shameful indignity of having our web presence compared to a "geocities homepage from the 90's," corporate sent us a clear and cutting message:

get hip with the kids fast, or prepare for another round of buyouts.

I said my goodbyes to Doomeru, knowing a lump sum would surely send him to an early grave, but it's times like these that make heroes.

The Resigned Gamer could not, would not, go on without you, sweet kn0thing. I owe you my washout brother's drunken life. And let me say this now, for the record, I could fuck you for it on my cubicle desk.

Or, if you'd feel more comfortable, you could fuck me.

So how about it everybody- are we cool yet? "hit the comments" and "sound off" about the redesign!

4 comments:

alexis [kn0thing] said...

OMG OMG OMG OMG!

108 said...

yeah, yellow links on white is kind of annoying!

i get at least five hate mails a day centered on the fact that my website has WHITE text on BLACK, so what the hell.

otherwise, everything looks nice.

alexis [kn0thing] said...

Hmm, he's got a point there... Lemme see what I can do

Sir Cucumber said...

108, do you dislike all the yellow, or just the jump yellow? Cause we mostly use that goldish yellow like our header, but then also have that bright yellow for our jumps. We used to have a black background so that worked, but we definitely ought to change that. I kind of like the goldish but maybe a bit darker?

Or what if instead of making the text darker we made the white background a little more grey?