the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Haiku for constant companions

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 9:00 AM on Friday, January 11, 2008

video game haiku from the resigned gamer

I've never gone in much for the friends thing. You've always got to return their calls, and make plans to see them, and wait for them when they're late, and listen to them when they talk like you care about what they're saying, and then they expect you to talk back like you care about what they'll think. But that's what friends are for, I guess. Games are never so demanding. Sure, some talk more than they should, some don't listen that well, and others are downright depressing, but they come when you call, leave when you're tired of them, and never drink all your best bourbon. So this week's haiku go out to some good friends. Long gone, but never forgotten:


The first comes from an astonishingly attractive geek we're proud to call our friend, kn0thing:


TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES

mike and raph were cool
but only in the cartoon
fuck donatello


This one's mine...


COLONEL'S BEQUEST

what a fine evening
I wonder who'll get killed next
I hope it's Gertrude


And Doomeru takes it home!


8 EYES

the falcon dies first
yet i forge ahead alone
birds can't open doors

A BOY AND HIS BLOB

when I need a lift
you become a white ladder
you ate all my beans!


Got your own haiku? Post it in the comments or submit it to resignedgamer@gmail.com.

0 comments: