the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Don't worry mom, I'm not dead

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 9:30 AM on Thursday, January 17, 2008

video game news from the resigned gamer
Not a good week for gaming. Been so busy with work I haven't had time to do more than diddle Metroid Fusion on the toilet and log my 31st hour with Odin Sphere, which I sorely want to gush about but want to completely finish first. Doomeru made another heady traffic comeback last week, but took his flower girl and departed for Rome on Saturday. Fucker.

I did get to see There Will Be Blood last night, which I unreservedly recommend, if only for the queasy, dirty feeling it leaves you with.

What I definitely don't recommend though is self serve popcorn butter. I don't go to the movies very often so maybe this is old news, but I don't pay $6.50 for a paper sack of kernels to just have to put whatever that stuff they call butter on myself. How the hell much do you put on? How do you mix it around without spilling half the bag? These are expensive little nuggets we're talking about, here! I erred on the side of caution and dispensed myself enough grease with which to slide back to back to my seat on and made it through half the bag before wanting to vomit.

So maybe that queasy, dirty feeling actually had nothing to do with the movie.

Afterwards, though, guzzling at the water fountain, I overheard this delightful review delivered via cell phone:

"It wasn't so much bloody as long. Actually there really wasn't even that much blood."

and with that, back to work.

0 comments: