the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Our Imaginary Friends: Link

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 8:39 AM on Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Honestly I've never been a fan. The SNES one was pretty good but what else was I gonna play- SmartBall?

Perhaps I wrote this series off when I was killed by my best friend Dave at his Zelda birthday party, which rendered me ineligible to win the inflatable Silly Billy punching bag prize, even though there's no way he was at full hearts and I totally said from the start that I was gonna be Zora, who everyone knows lurks out in the safety of the water and you're really better off avoiding.

Maybe it was his creepy lack of speech. I mean, come on, Golgo 13 he is not...

Or maybe it was just when The Adventure of Link came out and it became unavoidably clear that he wasn't wearing pants.

None of this is to say I don't play them, mind you. I just never get from respecting them to, you know, enjoying them. Kind of like Metal Gear. Or the Beatles. Or Jesus.

Zelda Link South Park, Resigned Gamer

Special thanks to Doomeru's flower girl for sending this image. I wouldn't have had the strength to make him myself. Now if we could just get Doomeru to send something this might start becoming an actual blog...

Make your own video game character at the South Park Studio and send them to us!