the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Skyrim: the world is not enough

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 1:20 PM on Tuesday, August 7, 2012

67 hours, 35 minutes, 56 seconds, and absolutely no satisfaction or closure to speak of.

Yes, a lot of people put a lot of love in this game. Yes, it is broad and deep and finally brings the RPG genre full circle with Sandbox gaming. Yes, I could have sunk another 100 hours into it without seeing everything, stupid "radiant quest" gimmick notwithstanding.

But here's the thing:

I don't need another world. Dealing with my own is already more fun and frustration than I can handle. What I need are stories that inspire me, challenges that reward me, and something that actually qualifies as a game. Preferably without thirty seconds of loading for every minute of playing.

Unless I can steal cars. And get fat.