the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Bald Bull: knowing when to quit

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 8:08 AM on Monday, March 22, 2010

bald bull, punch out! motivational poster, resigned gamer
Okay, okay, I know I've been very delinquent as of late. I assure you I'm not dead, just on a tangent of sorts. After years of self medicating, I've finally joined a gym and hired a trainer for two days a week of self abuse. Or is that the other way around? Anyways, I really do feel a lot better, which, for better or worse, seems to keep me from writing.

Everything happens in cycles though, doesn't it? We're up, we're down, we're flush, we're dry, we're sick, we're spry, and so on, and so forth. And don't things have to get worse before they get better? Facts are facts, but windows aren't always open; lights always on. Which is to say that we can't force things one way without causing someone else or even ourselves to push back with an equal and opposing effort. Hence inertia. But that's no excuse to sit back and let it be. Eclipses don't last long or come often. You'll miss them if you aren't prepared.