the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Where in the world is Doomeru Woebashi?

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 8:08 AM on Friday, January 16, 2009



It’s been 62 days since we’ve heard from my brother, and in his absence I seem to see him everywhere. I’m short of breath with every subway preacher or sidewalk sleeper- is it him? But my sources say he’s a thousand miles away, on some other continent, catching arthropods or a new gaucho, respectably married, or skulking outside a whorehouse in Buenos Aires. And every time I catch up with him, he’s already off to someplace else. Chase him too hard and knives fly. Bombs drop.

Because the truth is people do how they do. What’s important to them may not be what’s important to you. You say, “Hey, let’s write a blog about our lives as video gamers,” and he says “Screw that, I’m gonna go to Athens and steal Achilles' heel.” If you really want to share the journey with them, then all you can do is try to keep up, and hope your paths cross one day. So if you see him, say hello. He might be in Tangier. Or Bangkok. Or Moroni…