the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

72 hours of Final Fantasy XII: never, ever, again.

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 2:17 PM on Sunday, July 1, 2007

sir cucumber's bitter corner, the resigned gamerBertrand Russell once thought, "the time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time," but he might never have wrote the words down had he applied them to Final Fantasy.

The earth rotated upon its axis three times while I sat in front of this game, and for what?

Continue Reading >>

A bunch of speeches, a couple explosions, and then everyone returns to their separate walks of life carrying their friendships and miserable memories of monster hunting in their hearts. Cut to some FMV of people waving or looking wistful, then some panoramic landscape shots. Fade to credits and concept art.

Not that I shouldn't have known better.

It's just that I started hoping Square might have done some self-reflection after Sephiroth cast that destroy-every-planet-in-the-solar-system-with-a-comet-to-
do-a-couple-thousand-damage spell, and then cast it again. And again.

Somehow I still keep believing I won't end up playing Power Rangers where I have to kill the last boss three times, as he transforms larger, spikier, and more talkative with each defeat.

Once again I thought the writers might write some actual twists, instead of just killing off the black guy, who no one ever cares about anyway.

killing off the black guy, reddas, the resigned gameroh...reddas...no...

At least now I can get back to weeding my garden.

0 comments: