the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Red Dead Redemption, Undead Nightmare: Occam's Gayzor

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 9:15 PM on Saturday, December 3, 2011

I’d really love to know what inspired Rockstar to make the jump from Western to Zombies in this DLC. It was ingenious how well it fit, and so complementary of their signature satirical humor.




Even though the amount of repetitiveness between missions was more than usual, I had to play through if only to learn what caused the dead to walk amongst us in a tableau of irrevocable pain, misery and fear. I know, I know, Rockstar isn’t generally known for their gripping storylines and it’s really not supposed to matter why…Zombie Apocalypse is an inevitable given; The important questions lie with how the living choose to live, morality, humanity, practicality, and such…But hell with all that, the reason I couldn’t put this game down was because I needed to know how it would end.

The simplest, most logical explanation always gives good odds though, and in hindsight I really could have guessed. It was those damned Mexicans again!