the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Choplifter: too heavy for Superman

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 8:05 AM on Monday, October 12, 2009

choplifter motivational poster, sega master system, resigned gamer
No matter how safe, strong, secure, or sure we feel, every good thing hangs by a string. We sleep suspended on a spider web and be it force of god, will, or inertia, there is little that keeps us from dropping of our own weight. Some things can never be put back together again, because all the king's horses and all the king's men know it's not the fall that kills you.

I'd say be careful, but we know that's not the cure. I'd say live in the present, but what then do we live for? If you straighten up and fly right you'll miss the forest for the trees, but save yourself and soon you'll have no one left to please.


The truth is I'm tired of giving advice I can never seem to follow. I'm tired of playing these games I can never seem to win. I'm stuck in a low, dark place and waiting for a lift. I need someone else to do it this time.