the resigned gamer, everything I hate about the thing I love the most

Vampire Rain: sneaking the thin line between profound and absurd

Posted by Sir Cucumber at 8:36 AM on Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I seldom have anything nice to say about the games I play, and realize that to a casual observer it would seem I should find a new hobby. But all of you know better. A video game is like pizza- even when it's bad it's good. Or is that sex? Whatever. The point is that there are gems buried in all the shit we play; gems buried in all the shit we do. Sometimes it just takes some digging to find them. That, and a healthy appetite for shit.

Take Vampire Rain, for instance. No, seriously:



Special thanks to kn0thing for the Don LaFontaine impressions. Now there was a man with a healthy appetite for shit...